What you loved:
- Owens Smash - While the initial build-up to this feud -- Owens/Riley going back and forth on commentary -- was great, it went downhill fast, mainly for Riley. It's been a joy to watch Owens stomp Riley out.
- Promo - He can cut a decent promo, although sometimes it becomes unintentionally comedic.
- Tries Hard - With a real passion for wrestling, he does anything asked of him.
- "Raaaaggge!" - It's fun to say.
- Entrance Music - Some of you found it fitting for his gimmick.
Best comment comes via Corra:
"He obviously cares about professional wrestling and seems to always to put forth 100% effort doing everything that he is given by WWE."
What you loathed:
- Generic Look - Is "just a guy" right now, and he needs to do something drastic to differentiate himself from the pack.
- Social Media - His AJ Lee tweet aside, Riley is not great on Twitter. He's corny as hell. He's battled with Owens and lost badly. Also, Riley's in-ring return was supposed to be as a face, but the way he acted towards Owens made him come off more like a heel. It made no sense.
- Commentary - For those of you who watched NXT during the "Alex Riley Color Commentary Era", it was rough. He took things way too seriously, and just didn't vibe with the other announcers.
- Entrance Music - Say it to my face!
- Gimmick - Consensus among you was he's basically a teenager with an attitude.
Best comment comes via ThedaB:
"Alex Riley. Alex Riley. Alex Riley. Honestly, I’m embarrassed for him. He thinks he’s smart. He’s not. He thinks he has a way with a witty comeback. A swing and a miss there, Alex. A sucking void of uselessness, who can only dream of having worth beyond whatever relevance Owens lends him. He reminds me of the cousin we all have, that you really want to unfriend? But you can’t, because it will get back to Nana, and that would make Christmas a chore. Pointless, and unworthy to even lace up AJ’s boots. No snaps for Riley."
On to the poll! With 232 votes, Alex Riley's average score is 2. Last year he received a 2.5.
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick is awesome on commentary.