Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It's expected that Paul Heyman will remain off of television until July. Unlike last year, he will likely comeback with Brock Lesnar to begin to build toward his client's next match at SummerSlam.
- Officials only decided to bring King of the Ring back last week, in part to ensure that they had new programming for the Network each night of the last week for the latest free month offer to new subscribers.
- Eric Bischoff will be "involved" with Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling, the two men told a Q & A session this weekend (in response to a question asked by Karen Jarrett).
- Everyone seems to be happy with Jason Albert as the head trainer in NXT and at the WWE Performance Center, and there have been no negative reports since he took over following Bill DeMott's resignation. It's expected that he'll stay on in the position.
- Despite the continued lack of an official announcement, Daniel Bryan has been removed from the advertising for tonight's Smackdown. He's still listed for weekend house shows, but look for that to change soon.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.