WWE Extreme Rules is all set to pop off tonight (Sun., April 26, 2015) from the Allstate Arena in Chicago, Illinois at 7:00 p.m. ET, live on the WWE Network. You may also be able to watch this on pay-per-view (PPV) if your cable provider is carrying the event.
CagesideSeats.com will provide LIVE blow-by-blow, match-by-match coverage of Extreme Rules below, beginning with the first match of the evening and right on through to the main event.
Kick your off your shoes, relax, and enjoy all the action with your favorite pro wrestling website. And remember to keep refreshing! (Reminder: GIFs, pics, and links to illegal streams are not allowed in this thread. Offenders will be banned.)
WWE EXTREME RULES QUICK RESULTS
Seth Rollins def. Randy Orton
John Cena def. Rusev
Roman Reigns def. Big Show
Nikki Bella def. Naomi
Dolph Ziggler def Sheamus
Dean Ambrose def. Luke Harper
The New Day def The Brass Ring Club
Neville def Bad News Barrett
WWE EXTREME RULES LIVE BLOG & MATCH COVERAGE
BaconStrips here. Let's get extreme...
- Every time Corey Graves is on a preshow panel, he goes farther and farther into hipster-dom.
- Judging from the preshow match card previews, it looks like it'll be Kofi Kingston & Big E vs The Brass Ring Club.
- Renee Young officially announces that Daniel Bryan is out. Therefore, Bad News Barrett will take on Neville during the preshow.
- Naomi's new ring gear looks a lot like Paige's...should be interesting feud.
- Eden's look after Naomi leaves the interview...well played.
- Dean Ambrose invades the preshow set. He ain't in Chicago to eat deep-dish pizza; he's here to whoop Luke Harper's ass all over the Allstate Arena.
- A "Kiss Me Arse" match is happening...in 2015...in Chicago....this will be interesting.
- Bray Wyatt cuts his usual cryptic promo talking about the little things and demigods and whatever else he goes on about. No clue who he's addressing.
- Kane is in the Social Media Lounge. After a couple of awkward questions regarding the mask and relevancy, Kane walks out.
Bad News Barrett vs Neville
- Before the match, Barrett cuts a promo about him being the reason that Daniel Bryan isn't in Chicago tonight. He also disses Michael Jordan before calling Neville out to eat a Bullhammer.
- The crowd is hot as both men lock up. Neville eats a quick shoulder block from Barrett. Neville gets up, and a loud "Let's go Neville" chant starts. A bit more chain wrestling, and Neville has control for a few seconds
- Barrett gets Neville in the corner and starts stomping him. Barrett whips him to the other side where he reverses and does his flips to the opposite corner. Neville jumps to and off the turnbuckle, delivering an awesome cross body. Barrett rolls outside to the apron, and is promptly kicked off the apron.
- Control shifts to Barrett's favor as he sweeps Neville off his feet during a moonsault attempt. Neville hits the apron quite hard as we go to a break.
- Back from the break and Neville is in a chinlock. He is able to get up and is whipped to the corner. He tries to do a hurricurrana from the corner, but Barrett reverses this into a huge kick to the midsection. A few more kicks follow, and Barrett gets a two count.
- Neville keeps trying to get momentum, but keeps getting grounded, most notably by a huge boot to the face. A slingshot back-drop backbreaker gets him another two count, and we reenter the world of chinlocks.
- Neville finally breaks the hold and delivers some of his signature kicks, including a basement dropkick that sends Barrett outside. Neville follows this up with his twisting moonsault to the outside.
- Dead. Lift. German. Suplex.
- Neville starts to go for the Red Arrow, but Barrett reaches the ropes, causing Neville to use a shoulder thrust and a flip into the ring. As Neville rebounds off the ropes, Barrett hits Winds of Change for two.
- Barrett eventually catches Neville as he is flying through the air and delivers Wasteland, but it only gets a two count. Barrett prepares the Bullhammer.
- Barrett goes for the Bullhammer, but Neville dodges and delivers an enziguiri. He goes for the Red Arrow again, but is crotched by Barrett. Barrett goes for another Bullhammer, but Neville dodges, jumps from the turnbuckle, and delivers a high kick to Barrett.
- After the kick, Neville delivers the Red Arrow for the win.
Neville def Bad News Barrett
Now THAT is how you pump a crowd up for a show. Awesome match.
WWE Signature and a preshow video about taking rules to the extreme before focusing on the big matches of the night.
Opening pyro and the show is officially off and rolling.
Dean Ambrose vs Luke Harper (Chicago Street Fight)
- As Harper makes his way to the ring, Dean Ambrose charges and the fight is on. Both men enter the ring, and the bell rings. Immediately, Ambrose delivers a cross body to Harper, sending him outside. Ambrose keeps the aggression up with a suicide dive followed by whipping Harper into the ring stairs.
- Ambrose introduces the first toys (chairs and kendo sticks) of the evening. Ambrose delivers some hard kendo shots to Harper. He then sets up a chair, in which he sits down and stares at Harper. Ambrose gets up to suplex Harper into the chair, but the tables are turned and it is Ambrose who is suplexed into the chair.
- Now it's Harper with the kendo stick. He delivers some huge shots with the stick, then sets up a chair in the corner. In the opposite corner, Ambrose tries for a tornado DDT, but Harper just throws him off. Harper then throws Ambrose head-first into the corner chair for a two count. The kendo stick shots start again.
- Ambrose eventually slams Harper onto a chair and does deliver the tornado DDT. The Chicago crowd starts chanting for tables.
- Ambrose hits his flying elbow before attempting Dirty Deeds. Harper counters out of this and eventually delivers a huge boot to Ambrose.
- Again, the action spills outside and Ambrose chases Harper backstage with a kendo stick. Ambrose throws Harper into and onto stuff. Eventually, Luke Harper gets into a car and speeds away with Ambrose in the passenger seat.
- Well.....let's see where this goes.
As Ambrose and Harper likely maim each other in a Rosemont alleyway, Triple H tells Kane to track them down. He also tells Seth Rollins and Kane to get on the same page. As expected, the two start arguing, this time about Kane throwing Rollins directly into the path of a Roman Reigns spear on SmackDown. More talking, and Kane vows to do what's best for business.
Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler (Kiss Me Arse Match)
- Jojo is so adorably awkward when explaining the stipulation.
- Bell rings and a little jaw-jacking ensues before the two start brawling in and out of the ring. Outside, Sheamus takes control after he throws Ziggler into the steps. However, Ziggler evens the odds with a DDT on the outside.
- The odds once again go in Sheamus' favor after a big knee or maybe even a baby Brogue Kick (I honestly couldn't tell)
- Ziggler tries to fight out a chinlock and does. He goes for a
FamouserFame-Arser, but is countered into a big powerbomb for a two count.
- Sheamus yells and gloats for a few minutes before locking Ziggler in another chinlock. Ziggler eventually makes his way up and starts delivering some huge strikes to Sheamus, but again, Sheamus stops the rally immediately.
- Sheamus locks in the Texas Cloverleaf, and the announcers start making kissing counts. Sheamus counters the hold into a roll-up for two, then delivers a superkick for two.
- Ziggler tries for the Fame-Arser again, but is thrown into the ropes and eats a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker for two followed by an over-rotated suplex.
- Sheamus lines up for the Brogue Kick, but Ziggler reverses into a roll-up for two. Sheamus responds with a tilt-a-whirl slam for two.
- Sheamus goes for a suplex, but Ziggler reverses into a rollup for the surprise win.
Dolph Ziggler def Sheamus
After the bell, Sheamus is in denial, even demanding the timekeeper to ring the bell. More denial, and a "pucker up" chants starts as Ziggler drops his drawers (and it is at this point when I wonder what I am watching). Eventually, Sheamus starts to assume the position, but instead low blows Ziggler. A Brogue Kick seals the deal.
"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINED?!?"
Sheamus says that he promised that an arse would be kissed, and he shoves Ziggler's face into his arse.
I can't even with this anymore.
Ambrose and Harper are still missing. Charles Robinson even resorted to Twitter to find them.
Did the announcers just say that King of the Ring was returning? I THINK THEY DID!!!
The New Day (Kofi Kingston and Big E) vs The Brass Ring Club (Cesaro and Tyson Kidd) (WWE Tag Team Championship)
- Kidd and Kingston start with some fast paced chain wrestling. Kidd does a cool thing where he reverses a hammerlock with the help of the ropes.
- Big E is tagged in, and Kidd tags Cesaro in, and the hoss fight is on. Cesaro catches Big E mid-air and delivers a slam for a two count. That was cool.
- Kidd and Kingston reenter the fray, and Kingston has control. Him and Big E try for a double team suicide dive thing, but Kidd reenters and stops it. Both New Day members are thrown outside, and Kidd suicide topes Kingston. However, he is blindsided by Big E to the chagrin of the fans. Xavier Woods in in denial of all this.
- New Day (obviously working heel) keeps tagging in and out to keep the pressure on Kidd. Kidd dodges a splash and spear attempt from Big E, allowing him to tag in Cesaro, who gets a huge hot tag. He easily destroys Kingston with uppercuts.
- Cesaro goes for the Swing, but instead tosses Kingston to the corner. Kingston catches himself and jumps from the turnbuckle. Cesaro catches Kingston and lands a huge backbreaker for two.
- DEAD. LIFT. SUPER. PLEX.
- Following the superplex, Kidd goes for the elbow drop, but only gets a two count.
- Kidd goes for the sharpshooter, but Kingston fights out of it and throws Kidd to the apron. Big E is tagged in, and Kingston eats an enziguiri. Big E followed up with a HUGE spear through the ropes to the outside.
- Inside, Kidd is hit with the New Day's double finisher, but Cesaro breaks the pin attempt.
- Eventually, Kidd locks Kingston in the sharpshooter, but Big E suplexes Kidd off toward the corner.
- Chaos ensues toward the end. Cesaro is tagged in and delivers the Swing/dropkick combo and goes for a pin, but Xavier Woods distracts the ref. He drops from the apron and eats a slap from Natalya followed by a kick from Kidd. Kidd is knocked off the apron by Big E, and E is thrown out of the ring by Cesaro.
- Unbeknownst to Cesaro, Kingston is back up and rolls him up with a handful of tights for the win.
The New Day def The Brass Ring Club (new Tag Team Champions)
Where are Ambrose and Harper? Corey Graves thinks they're flattening Wrigleyville (and they probably are).
Renee Young interviews an excited New Day. Renee asks about their positivity, and Xavier responds that today is the dawn of The New Day.
The delusion is in the.....wait a minute...AMBROSE AND HARPER ARE BACK!!! AMBROSE ELBOW DROPS THE NEW DAY!!!
Dean Ambrose vs Luke Harper (Cont'd)
- The two keep their brutal match going. Harper makes it to the stage, then eats an elbow drop from Ambrose. They get back into the ring.
- Both men go to the outside and start hurling chairs into the ring.
- HARPER POWERBOMBS AMBROSE ON THE CHAIR....TWO COUNT!!!
- After the powerbomb, Harper starts burying Ambrose with chairs. He climbs the turnbuckle, but Ambrose escapes his chair coffin and throws Harper onto the chairs.
- Dirty Deeds for the win.
Dean Ambrose def Luke Harper
And ladies and gentlemen, THIS is why pro wrestling is pure, dumb fun.
John Cena vs Rusev (Russian Chain Match for United States Championship)
- Bell rings, and a tug-of-war starts. Eventually, Rusev goes rushing into the corner, crushing Cena in the process. He goes for a couple corners, but is stopped by Cena.
- Rusev takes control of Cena with some strikes. He hits two corners, but to no avail.
- Cena is thrown outside, and Rusev follows. Rusev pulls Cena up using the chain, then delivers some huge kicks to the midsection.
- Inside, Rusev tries for more corners, but only gets two before Cena yanks his chain. His reward? More strikes.
- The two go outside again, and this time, Cena gets the advantage after jerking Rusev into the ring post. Cena touches two corners and goes for the third, but Rusev prevents him from getting the third corner.
- Rusev comes back and hits Cena with the spinning heel kick, leaving both men on the ground. Once up, Rusev starts using the chain as a weapon against Cena's midsection.
- After assaulting Cena with the chain, Rusev hits three corners, but is prevented from hitting the fourth by Cena, who starts another tug of war. Rusev answers with (you guessed it) more strikes.
- Rusev goes to the top rope, but crashes and burns, landing on the chain. Cena delivers a chain-assisted clothesline, leaving both on the ground.
- Cena tries to hit his five moves, but Rusev counters with a fall-away slam and DAT KICK.
- As Rusev starts to go for a corner, Lana climbs on the apron as the crowd chants for her. Rusev responds by kicking her out and sending her to the back. This distraction allows Cena to hit the shoulder blocks and Five Knuckle Shuffle. As he goes for the Attitude Adjustment, Rusev uses the ropes to fight out and hits an Alabamaslam.
- Rusev tries to lock in The Accolade, but Cena locks in the STF. After a little bit, Cena releases the hold and hits three corners. As he goes for the fourth, Cena is stopped by Rusev, who rolls outside and pulls the chain.
- Cena throws Rusev in, then eats DAT KICK. Rusev locks in The Accolade, and Cena is able to break it by hossing Rusev into the corner. As Cena collapses, Rusev realizes his fortune and goes for the third. Soon after, Cena hits the AA, and both go down.
- Both men get up and hit three corners each. As they have a tug of war, both men see that there is one corner left. After a few seconds, Rusev is AA'd, and Cena hits the last corner to win.
John Cena def Rusev
Renee Young interviews Roman Reigns. He says that he gets back up when he gets knocked down, and vows to beat Big Show.
Nikki Bella vs Naomi (WWE Divas Championship)
- Naomi has a new theme...no clue how I feel about it.
- Bell rings, and we get some chain wrestling. Nikki tries for an armbar, but Naomi reaches the ropes.
- Naomi throws Nikki to the ground and takes control with a snap suplex. Nikki breaks a chinlock, but is knocked right back down by a spinning elbow from Naomi. More chinlocks ensue.
- Both women make it back up, and Naomi bulldogs Nikki's face into the turnbuckle for two. Pretty cool spot there.
- Nikki throws Naomi into the corner, and Naomi retaliates with an enziguiri for a two count. Brie is getting a little carried away with her yelling.
- Both head outside, and Naomi kicks Brie to quiet her for a few seconds.
- Back inside, Nikki starts to make a comeback. She hits an Alabamaslam for a two count and lines up for a Bellahammer. Naomi dodges this and hits a reverse DDT/Final Cut for a two count.
- Naomi goes for a split-legged moonsault, but Nikki dodges. She nails Naomi with a knee facebuster for two.She attempts the Rack Attack, but Naomi reverses into a full nelson bomb for two.
- Nikki tries to lock Naomi in a hold, but Naomi reaches the ropes while yelling at the ref. While the ref is distracted, Brie kicks Naomi, and Nikki hits the Rack Attack for the win.
Nikki Bella def Naomi
Backstage, Rusev is yelling at Lana. He sends her away, and she knocks at the door of The Authority.
Big Show vs Roman Reigns (Last Man Standing match)
- This will be a barnburner. Strap yourselves in, kids.
- Match starts, and Big Show immediately starts raining down the strikes. After a brief count, Reigns goes for some strikes and eats a shoulder tackle. Reigns gets up at four.
- Reigns soon clotheslines Big Show over the top ropes for a three count. As Show stumbles up, Reigns puts a table in the ring, then gets kicked by Show. Show puts the table away and say "No tables."
- Reigns doesn't like this statement as he shoves Show into the ring post. An apron dropkick follows. As the ref counts to five, Reigns sets the table up.
- After hitting Show with a kendo stick, Reigns is thrown into the barricade. Show then breaks the table with his fists soon after. He REALLY doesn't want to see a table.
- Both lumber back into the ring, and Show breaks the kendo stick. Show keeps on abusing Reigns. Reigns is swatted out of the air, and gets up at 6 or 7.
- Reigns hangs Big Show on the rope, then gets a chair and starts beating Show with it. He then DDTs Show on the chair, but Show gets up at 6. Reigns sets up another table (make that two) as the count goes on
- Show hits Reigns with the KO Punch out of nowhere, but Reigns is able to get up at 8. Show is not impressed as he does set up a table and calls for a chokeslam.
- Show goes for the chokeslam, but Reigns counters with a Samoan drop through the table. Reigns is up at 6, and Show is up at 8.
- Reigns sets up a table in the corner as Show reenters. Reigns goes for a spear, but eats a spear from Show. The ref counts to 8 or 9 until Reigns gets up (stream skipped a second for me).
- Show hits the Vader Splash, but Reigns is able to get up at 8 again.
- Show climbs to the top rope because reasons, and is inevitably crotched by Reigns. Show cries like a baby during this as Reigns gets another table or two.
- Reigns lines up for a superplex to the outside tables, but Show throws him off. Reigns responds by throwing Show off the turnbuckle. The ref counts to 8 for both men. Reigns hits a series of Superman Punches, but is stopped in his tracks by a chokeslam to the outside tables. The ref counts to 9 before Reigns gets back up.
- As soon as he gets up, Reigns collapses again. As the ref counts, Show picks up both steel steps and sets them up by the announce table.
- Reigns staggers into the ring as Big Show mocks Reigns' pre-Spear roar. Show goes for a spear, but Reigns dodges and Show goes through the corner table. The ref counts to 8.
- Reigns hits one of his spears, and Show staggers outside to his feet at 8. Reigns' response? Spearing Big Show through the timekeeper's area. The ref gets to 9, and both are back on their feet.
- Both men end up on the announce table as Show tries to chokeslam Reigns through the announce table. Reigns escapes, roars, and spears Show THROUGH the Spanish table. Reigns gets right back to his feet, and Show gets up at 9.
- Reigns channels his inner Alberto Del Rio and pins Big Show under the announce table for the win.
Roman Reigns def Big Show
You cannot deny it. This was a great match.
Backstage, Kane is walking when he runs into Randy Orton. Orton recounts their history until he harks on Kane selling out to The Authority. Orton knows that the REAL Kane is still lurking somewhere under the suit.
The one and only Bo Dallas comes out. He mentions a "Welcome to Chicago" sign in his hotel and the Second City slogan. He starts harking at the crowd for being #1 at not taking a shower and not following rules. He tells the crowd to shut their mouths before telling them to BOlieve. Ryback comes out, and Bo starts beating him down. Ryback comes back with a spinebuster and destroys Bo with a Shellshock
Byron Saxton interviews Rusev. He starts complaining that he never beat Cena. Lana comes back and says that the final chapter has been booked: Cena vs Rusev in an "I Quit" match.
Seth Rollins vs Randy Orton (Steel Cage for WWE World Heavyweight Championship (RKO Banned))
- Match starts, and Rollins immediately tries to escape, but is stopped by Orton. Rollins expresses his displeasure by stomping Orton in the corner. Orton responds with a clothesline.
- Rollins tries to escape again, but is pulled off the cage by Orton, who starts bringing the uppercuts.
- Rollins delivers a couple stomps to the misdection and tosses Rollins to the corner, but Rollins catches himself and attempts another escape to no avail. Orton attempts some corner punches, but Rollins counters into a Buckle Bomb for two.
- Rollins tries to escape through the door, but Orton catches him. Orton is repaid by being tossed into the cage.
- My Network stream starts to go downhill as Rollins delivers more corner stomps and throws Orton into the cage some more. He tries to escape, but is stopped yet again.
- Rollins hits the Sling Blade for two. He starts taunting both Orton and Kane. Rollins' jawing hinders him when he is sent into the cage by Orton. The two then start trading blows.
- Orton goes for his comeback and misses a powerslam chance. Rollins tries to escape again, and the two spar a bit on the rope until Orton is sent off of the rope. Rollins hits his flying knee for two.
- Rollins climbs to the top of the cage with Orton in pursuit. Both men end up on the top rails of the cage and trade blows. Eventually they end up back in the ring, where Orton powerslams a flying Rollins for two.
- Rollins hits Avada Kedavra for two, and both men are down. Rollins drags himself to a corner to start escaping. Rollins gets to the outside, but Orton grabs his hair as J&J Security come down.
- HOLY SUPERPLEX FROM THE TOP OF THE CAGE!!! SETH IS DEAD!
- Or not! Rollins kicks out at two. As he recovers, J&J starts to climb the cage, and are promptly knocked down by a Seth Rollins lawn dart.
- Orton teases his draping DDT, but Rollins flips him over the rope to the apron. Rollins tries to escape yet again, and Orton crotches him on the rope. Orton approaches the door, and turns around to DDT Rollins. It's clear that Orton wants to pin Rollins.
- Orton lines up for the RKO, but instead delivers A PEDIGREE for a TWO COUNT!!!
- After Rollins kicks out, Orton starts planning his next move: A punt. Rollins dodges and hits an enziguiri to send both men down.
- Rollins approaches the door and Kane opens it. Orton catches him and hits a backbreaker. Orton approaches the door, and Kane shuts it. Orton argues until Rollins inadvertently dropkicks Kane.
- A tug of war starts as Rollins and Orton try to escape. Kane slams the door in both men's faces and starts taking his suit off. Someone gonna die.
- J&J try to talk Kane off, but they eat a double chokeslam for their troubles. He approaches Rollins and calls for a chokeslam, but instead chokeslams Orton. Rollins tries to escapes, but Kane chokeslams him as well.
- Kane puts Rollins arm on Orton for the pin, but Orton kicks out, angering Kane even more. He tries to Tombstone Orton, but Orton reverses into a RKO. However, immediately after, Rollins RKOs Orton and escapes the cage to win.
Seth Rollins def Randy Orton
Well...that's that. Let's see what Raw brings...