Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- While there was apparently some discussion on it, Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton will main event Extreme Rules tomorrow night in Chicago.
- According to Justin LaBar at the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, there have been discussions about Taz, Edge, and Christian as possible coaches on the upcoming season of Tough Enough.
- The response to the John Cena US championship open challenge each week has been such that it looks like WWE is going to keep it going, which means Rusev won't be winning the title back tomorrow night.
- PW Insider reported that Samoa Joe was backstage at the NXT tapings in Orlando this week to meet with Triple H about signing with WWE.
- For those still watching TNA, Ethan Carter III is apparently in for a big push and Josh Mathews may end up handling commentary on his own for longer than anticipated.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.