What you loved:
- Worker - There's no doubt she can go in the ring, if only more people could see how good she is in action.
- Dark Emma - We haven't seen a ton of Emma's bad side, but so far it's been pretty good. When she slapped Bayley, the Earth tilted slightly on it's axis. Fact.
- Adorable - Her time in NXT was awesome; bubbles, sort of pulling off the "skin-the-cat", and having great matches. She just clicked really well with that smaller crowd.
- Social Media - Puts out entertaining videos and pictures, especially with her buddy Paige. Speaking of...
- Paige Matches - Fair to say her best matches in NXT/WWE have been with Paige. They have excellent chemistry together, even though Emma is usually on the losing end.
Best comment comes via Thrift Store Megatron:
"She’s great in the ring. There are a couple of things she does that don’t connect and never will (gotta drop the Tarantula – it’s cool for a one-off occasionally, but as a main hold, it’s kind of dumb and looks ineffective), but overall, she’s a great worker. She used to be so great in promos; I’d like to see that return. I think Dark Emma might be just the catalyst she needs to break through to a spot in the top rotation that she deserves. I’d rather watch her than pretty much any other woman on either NXT’s or the main roster except Bayley. I really hope she and Bayley get to put together a series of matches that I think could tear the house down."
What you loathed:
- Main Roster - A really rough run as her awkward, dancing gimmick just didn't connect with the masses. Although the larger issue was...
- Santino Team-Up - Being pigeonholed in comedic role -- as Santino's friend/girlfriend, no less -- absolutely tanked Emma as a serious contender. Hopefully a complete repackaging will get her back on WWE TV.
- Legal Issue - Unfortunately, she brought some bad PR to the WWE, by messing up at a self-checkout and being charged with stealing an iPod case. WWE released, and then re-hired Emma within a few hours. Ultimately, this kept her off TV for some time, and in the dog house for the rest of her main roster tenure.
- Dancing - Aside from it not working after the call-up, she's still doing it as a heel. It's not as bubbly anymore, but this should be removed totally from the gimmick. A complete overhaul is needed.
Best comment comes via Mr.P.Teacher:
"Being paired with Santino as a comedy duo was bad enough. Getting fired, rehired, but barely appearing on tv, for a fictitious shoplifting charge no less, is beyond harsh considering what some of the male talent get away with (cough…2 strikes Orton…Swagger…cough)"
On to the poll! With 317 votes, Emma's average score is 3.1, last year she received a 3.7
Thanks, Cagesiders! We'll be back on Sunday to recap with updated poll scores and the best comments of the week.