Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It's expected that the Seth Rollins-Randy Orton and Roman Reigns-Big Show feuds will continue on past Extreme Rules.
- According to PW Insider, The Miz may be scheduled for both Extreme Rules and next week's TV tapings, so his match with Damien Mizdow tonight on Raw for the rights to the Miz name may not be his television write off to film "Santa's Little Helper" after all.
- Some within WWE are apparently really high on the tag team division coming out of the European tour, with The Brass Ring Club putting on fine matches with The New Day and Los Matadores.
- According to the Observer, Rey Mysterio was at Lucha Underground's "Ultima Lucha" taping yesterday and while he hasn't come to terms the promotion has been hoping to use him for a big blowout to lead into season two later this year.
- PW Insider noted that Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins was at TNA offices in Nashville over the past week. There may be a deal in the works.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.