Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is apparently hoping that Daniel Bryan will be okay to wrestle at Extreme Rules and is still planning for him to defend the title against Bad News Barrett.
- WWE will be releasing a documentary on The Kliq in July featuring all the key players. Although it's unlikely next year, the entire Kliq going into the Hall of Fame has apparently been discussed.
- It looks like WWE is really high on the Lucha Dragons and they could be getting the tag team titles sooner rather than later. The feeling is they could be huge merchandise movers if pushed strong enough.
- Brian Fritz at Sporting News reported yesterday that TNA is not only behind in paying wrestlers but also its production team, who are apparently still owed money from the One Night Only PPV tapings back in February.
- TNA has released Sanada and he's expected to stay in the United States and work the independent scene.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.