Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider has gone on record saying that "it would appear that John Cena using a variation of the Stone Cold Stunner might be a way to try and infuriate Austin" while maintaining that there has been a breakdown between the two sides.
- Apparently this deal where Bray Wyatt is cryptic about who he is cutting promos on may be a character trait that sticks around.
- Regarding the Briscoe brothers, the Observer notes that WWE offered them a deal, ROH went above that, and WWE held firm on their original offer. The Briscoes are staying put to run their businesses outside of wrestling because WWE didn't make it worth it to give those up while trying to make the main roster from NXT.
- As Dave Meltzer noted in the recent Wrestling Observer Newsletter, things are rocky with Destination America and TNA because Discovery expected much higher viewers and is struggling greatly to generate ad revenue.
- TNA and AAA are once again in talks, this time about sending teams to the World Cup trios tournament in May, according to the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.