Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There's already talk of changing the date of the Royal Rumble in 2016 because it was scheduled for Jan. 24 and that's the same day as the NFC and AFC championship games in the NFL.
- According to the Observer, Daniel Bryan was originally going to face John Cena on Raw this past week but because of his injury issues Bad News Barrett was put in that spot. In addition, it's currently unclear if he'll work the Extreme Rules event.
- Undertaker, Sting, and the Fabulous Freebirds are all early names being tossed around for the Hall of Fame next year in Dallas. WWE could very well do a deal where they induct both Undertaker and Sting and then the two work a retirement match the next night.
- Naomi's heel turn on Paige was what WWE had planned for AJ Lee before she retired, according to the Observer. It looks like Naomi is likely working with Nikki Bella at Extreme Rules now and Nikki could be turning babyface soon.
- The Miz is almost surely going to be written off TV on Raw next week to film "Santa's Little Helper."
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.