What you loved:
- In-Ring - With one of the more vicious movesets, Owens has been literally knocking opponents out. He has a great ability to tell a story, as well.
- Mic - Smooth on the mic, able to switch from serious to funny. Hoping WWE allows him to mess with crowds in the future, much like in his indy days.
- Heel - Evil, pure evil.
- Twitter - We've try to cover his best moments, but if you're not following this guy, you're missing out.
- Details - The devil is in the details, and so is Mr. Owens. He's a rare talent that takes advantage of every second he's on TV. Some examples include: dumping water on Riley's head, getting in a cheap kick while running from Balor, or tossing a pen at Sami during their contract signing.
Best comment comes via Flyin' Ryan:
"First, a personal story. Honestly, The fact that he made his life’s dream come true despite his size has been an inspiration to me. For years all of the rumors of him being unable to make it due to his look persisted, and he drove through those and made it to NXT. As a big guy myself, I was inspired to start making healthy changes myself to strive towards my personal goals. I bought his shirt with the WWE shop credit from the WWE network, and have been in the gym ever since, losing 15 pounds."
What you loathed:
- Destroyer of Friendships - Sami was you're best friend, and you took his title!
- Call-Up - A staple for anyone in NXT, they couldn't mess up Owens...could they?
- Moveset - Some of you felt it's fairly limited at the moment, and weren't impressed with the powerbomb for a finisher.
- Over-hyped - For all the love he gets, some of you don't get the connection or just want to see him do more in the WWE before showering him with endless praise.
- Accent - English is his second language, but I guess some find his accent annoying during promos. I mean, it's not like he's Sylvain Grenier!
Best comment comes via KiniskiFan:
"Just not getting the hype on this guy, sorry. He’s good, but he’s not Wrestling Jesus, folks."
On to the poll! With 383 votes, Kevin Owens' average score is 4.7. Last year he received a 3.5.
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick will be another love fest.