Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It's looking like WWE has plans for a triple threat main event at SummerSlam featuring Seth Rollins defending the WWE world heavyweight title against Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns.
- Daniel Bryan has apparently faced some heat interally at WWE for not doing enough to protect himself in matches since coming back from injury.
- Apparently members of Rikishi's family were upset with WWE over the Hall of Fame ceremony over the fact that Samu wasn't invited.
- TNA wants to get back to doing pay-per-views but confidence in the promotion is currently low despite Destination America's continued touting of improved station ratings.
- According to the Observer, there is some talk that Lucha Underground won't be producing new episodes while "Apprentice" is being shot. Tapings for season one will conclude soon and a blow off show will apparently air on Aug. 5.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.