Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There is some speculation that Brock Lesnar may have an "extra" date on his contract thanks to his failure to appear on television the last time he was at Raw when he walked out.
- The latest word on the Bill DeMott situation is that WWE is hoping it all blows over soon enough and it's unlikely any action is going to be taken against anyone.
- According to the latest Observer Newsletter, there had been a plan in place for Rey Mysterio to do a program from Survivor Series to WrestleMania before leaving WWE after and at some point he decided he didn't want to wrestle for WWE anymore.
- Dylan Hales on the Voices of Wrestling podcast is claiming WWE outright refused to pay for any future surgeries for Mysterio and that's what led to the big breakdown between the two sides that ended in his release.
- The Observer notes that "there is a significant amount of current Ring of Honor talent that WWE has interest in right now." This is likely because they are hoping to expand NXT into a touring brand and would need headliners for it.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.