Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The latest word on Brock Lesnar from the Wrestling Observer is that while there are still issues between Brock and WWE but there is still at least some measure of confidence he will sign a new deal with the company.
- Regarding the match between Lesnar and Roman Reigns at WrestleMania, however, there is a concern that no matter what they do Reigns will be booed. If Brock doesn't re-sign, WWE may even push that fact in an effort to get fans to turn on him and have that be a catalyst to cheering Reigns.
- Apparently CM Punk has lost enough weight while training that it's believed he will fight at welterweight instead of middleweight as originally thought.
- The Observer has noted that WWE may be considering going with Kevin Nash over Macho Man Randy Savage in the main event position at the Hall of Fame ceremony this year because he's still alive and can give a proper speech himself.
- It looks like the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal will only feature 20 wrestlers this year instead of 30 like last year.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.