What you loved:
- WrestleMania 30 - It was a celebration forf how hard Bryan worked in 2013/2014. The crowd was amazing, and he put on not one, but two awesome matches that night.
- In-Ring - This shouldn't be a surprise, but you guys really dig his wrestling abilities. He has a variety of outstanding moves, and can work with literally anyone.
- Likeable - He seems like a legit nice guy, humble, almost to a fault.
- Connor's Hero - The video footage of Connor getting to meet his favorite wrestler is priceless.
- Intercontinental Champion - His talent and popularity is beyond how this title is booked. Hopefully, that will change with Bryan being the king of the middle card, and not consistently lose to main-event guys.
Best comment comes via Blinkocracy:
"Daniel Bryan is such a wonderful wrestler. His matches are top-tier, he exudes such an air of humbleness and kindness, he’s legitimately a great guy, and most of all I just want to root for the guy. I want him to do well. He doesn’t feel like a character on TV, he feels like a friend of mine even though I’ve never met him. He’s Dusty Rhodes or Mankind if either of those guys were world class athletes in addition to great pro wrestlers. He’s a true inspiration to me- he works hard day after day, year after year, obstacle after obstacle, and he finally made it at 30. He got a whole WrestleMania centered around him. It was so sweet.
Then he got hurt, and we didn’t see him for a while. And even though his booking has been uneven since his return, he has made chicken salad out of chicken shit. He’s made utterly forgettable SmackDown shows watchable, he worked a miracle with Roman Reigns at Fast Lane. He’s so good. WWE wouldn’t be half as enjoyable as it is without him.
So I’m honestly a little annoyed when I see people badmouthing him because they don’t like his fans or they’re tired of the hype or whatever. Daniel Bryan is pro wrestling. He embodies everything I love about it. I have trouble understanding why people who hate him would want to watch wrestling at all."
What you loathed:
- Injuries - We could basically stop here as this was the most talked about loathe. Bryan's neck injury kept him out for 8 months, and he was missed dearly.
- Title Run - Yes, injury cut short his 2-month run, but comparing it to others, it was not a great title reign.
- Bumps - Even after his neck problems, the bumps he takes haven't changed much. At least take out the flying headbutt and suicide dive!
- Fans - Some of you find Bryan's diehard fans to be a bit annoying with how vocal they are when he loses.
- Royal Rumble 2015 - What the hell! He was just dumped out unceremoniously! This is a bunch of crap...
Best comment comes via Brass City Saint:
"Daniel has been wrestling since he was practically a teenager. He’s amassed a ton of injuries, escalating from separated shoulders and detached retinas in ROH to his neck and shoulder issues in WWE. His style carries consequences, and while I think he deserves to be in the main event, I could understand concerns raised about how many miles he has left."
On to the poll! With 419 votes, Daniel Bryan's average score is 4.4, last year he received a 4.6
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick is up now, check it out!