Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Ronda Rousey appearing at WrestleMania 31 last night was to set up a match in the future, likely a tag like was hinted at, but that match is apparently not set in stone.
- It looks like WWE is going to set up Undertaker vs. Sting tonight on Raw, or at least drop a few hints at it to do the double retirement match at WrestleMania 32 in Dallas next year.
- According to PW Insider, there may be some issues between Stone Cold Steve Austin and WWE over the use of his podcast on the WWE Network and that's why he didn't appear at WrestleMania last night. WWE announcing Chris Jericho's podcast with John Cena on the Network supports that idea.
- Dave Meltzer noted that WWE is putting the "full court press" on Jim Ross to get him back into the fold with the company. Triple H tweeted something during the NXT show in San Jose when they were chanting for Ross, who was ringside, that made it sound like they're trying to bring him back on. In what role is unclear.
- Regarding the Phil Baroni to WWE rumors, there's some word that he may end up on the new season of Tough Enough.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.