What you loved:
- Mic Skills - When he is in the right mindset, his promos are top notch. They are passionate, intense, and make whatever feud he's in immediately interesting. He's one of the few in the company that gets to write his own stuff, or at least have heavy input on.
- SummerSlam Match - Forget losing the match, he was utterly dominated and allowed Brock Lesnar to suplex him 16 times! It had been forever since we had seen Cena get destroyed like that. Props for taking all those bumps.
- Royal Rumble Match - This was missing from Brock's reevaluation yesterday, but here it is today. An early match of the year candidate against Rollins and Lesnar. In hindsight, it's too bad this didn't go on last.
- Work Ethic - It's still clear he loves the business and does whatever is asked of him. He continues to do media appearances, fight back from injuries, put on great matches, and, of course...
- Charity - Nearly everyone on the roster does their fair share of charity work, but Cena does the most. He's made over 400 Make-A-Wish appearances!
Best comment comes via The Bong from Tamland:
"In-ring caliber. Always brings it in the ring. Especially on PPV. Has also had some good TV matches in 2014 with the matches against Seth Rollins and Cesaro deserving special mention. He’s not the most technically proficient, but his heart and love for the business shine through in every match. The beating he took against Brock Lesnar at Summerslam and at basically every match since then with Brock, leaving aside the booking implications must have taken a toll on him physically as well. Yet, he gave it his all and played his role to perfection in all those matches."
What you loathed:
- Wyatt Feud - Well, this was just a mess. Strange promos, singing demon kids, terrible matches, and Cena wins the one match that should have gone to Bray, their encounter at WrestleMania.
- Bully - For someone who is supposed to be a pure babyface, he tends to go off the rails. Low-brow humor and bullying tends to show up way too often. Most recently, he said some unkind things to Lana that end up making him look like the heel.
- Gimmick - So stale, the only thing that changes about him are the colors.
- U.S.A. Promos - Cena's over-the-top "America!" promos are so annoying. "Say what you want about me, but don't you dare talk down the red, white, and blue!!!"
- Comedic Promos - When Photoshopped pictures come on the TitanTron, you know it's time to leave the room.
Best comment comes via lovinit056:
"His on-screen character makes zero sense, he is the most contradictory character that I can remember. He’s supposedly a clean-cut babyface but has used every heel tactic in the book in his feud with Rusev. Rusev makes him pass out to the Accolade in a MATCH and he’s a audacious bad guy for doing so, also for beating down Cena after Cena TRIES TO ATTACK HIM AFTER A MATCH and gets destroyed, Rusev is somehow still the bad guy. Cena makes Rusev pass out assaulting him -- again after a match -- and locking him in the STF twice to get what he wants, by bullying him around. Remember, if you don’t get what you want in life, just threaten whoever is keeping you from getting it with violence, especially if they’re from another country and only talk about America being great, and make jokes about their girlfriend. Be a Star, kids."
On to the poll! With 441 votes, John Cena's average score is 3.1. Last year he received a 3.8.
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick has the best laugh.