What you loved:
- Gimmick - It's so easy to cheer Bayley on, her facial expressions and in-ring psychology help get the crowd on her side. As of late, we have seen more grit out of Bayley, which shows she's not just a fangirl.
- Adorable - Hairbands and hugs for everyone!
- In-Ring - Can simply go, if she was moved to the main roster right now, she would give Paige a run at best in-ring competitor.
- Face Work - Fair to say one of the best pure faces the WWE, a heel turn would be a crushing blow to nearly every man, women, and child in the WWE Universe!
- Entrance - Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man!
Best comment comes via Matsudiro:
"For a little while, it has been hard for me to get behind a babyface, usually I don’t care who wins, I just want a good match. Bayley is different. Bayley is so easy to get behind, so easy to like. She may not be the best in the ring, but she is darn good, and the emotion she puts into her matches is insane. Bayley vs Charlotte was my favorite female match of last year, and I chose it over the other stellar ones because of the emotions that it made me feel and the ride it took me on. Sure, I cared at REvolution, I did, I wanted Sami to win,t not as much as I wanted Bayley to win at Fatal 4-Way. I got excited at near falls, for the first time since the Streaks heyday (Edge-Punk), I got disappointed at near falls, scared even. When Bayley gave Charlotte that look at the end, it gives me chills, genuinely. There is no female competitor on the entire WWE roster right now that can appeal to me as a babyface better than Bayley."
What you loathed:
- Finisher - Many of you felt it just looks like an aggressive hug, great signature move, but not much of a finisher.
- No Title - She has yet to become champion, which is a shame. At the same time, she might be one of those wrestlers who gain popularity, just by chasing it.
- Annoying - A few of you do not like the gimmick, a grown woman hugging anyone in sight? Not your cup of tea.
- Botches - Again, amazing in the ring, but has goofed on some spots. Could be a case of rushing and just needs to slow things down a bit.
- Main Roster - Mixed bag here, Bayley has the gimmick that should do well on the main roster, in it's current form. The problem is, she will most likely get some strange chracter changes that could hold her back.
Best comment comes via ThingsandStuff:
"I’ve only watched a little NXT, but Bailey stood out immediately as supremely irritating. She came across as socially inept at best, willfully ignorant at worst. She kept sneaking up on people and grabbing them while they stood and cringed against her hugs. If a 4 year old runs up and hugs you without asking, then sure, it’s cute, and you give them some leeway. When a grown woman does it, over and over, and never figures out that it’s unwanted, then it’s obnoxious and embarrassing.
She’s so saccharine, from her styling to her behavior, that she is just totally unbelievable as an actual human. That’s why I can’t take her seriously, and the last thing we need in WWE is another silly female character."
On to the poll! With 411 votes, Bayley's average score is 4.1, last year she received a 3.9
Thanks, Cagesiders! We will be back Sunday to recap with updated poll scores and the best comments of the week.