Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sting's promo on the WWE Network last night was apparently part of an increased effort to drive traffic to the subscription service. Expect something big just like it next week.
- WWE is preparing to go ahead with a triple threat tag team title match at WrestleMania 31 due to Jey Uso's injured shoulder.
- Joey Ryan recently sent out a vague tweet saying "It's so calm lately. Almost as if lawyers threatened to sue all of us if we kept telling the truth." That's prompted speculation that WWE has gone after those speaking out against Bill DeMott.
- According to PW Insider, Jimmy Jacobs has signed with WWE as a member of the creative team. He is apparently scheduled to start working for the company in April.
- Ring of Honor is apparently trying to lock in many of their top talent in an attempt to keep WWE from stealing them away. PW Insider notes that ROH is hoping to lock up the Young Bucks on a deal that would require them to approve outside indie dates.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.