Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The early indications -- and this can always change closer to the show -- are that the winners from WrestleMania 31 will look something like this: Roman Reigns over Brock Lesnar, John Cena over Rusev, Sting over Triple H, and Undertaker over Bray Wyatt.
- Rusev isn't the only one getting an elaborate entrance at WrestleMania. It's rumored that another casting agency is looking for extras who will play scarecrows. This could be for Sting or Bray Wyatt.
- The Ascension are apparently all but dead in the water as WWE has soured on the group. They could come around again post-WrestleMania but don't expect to see them within the next few weeks, or at least not doing anything meaningful.
- There's speculation, that appears to be driven in part by WWE itself, on the Freebird Rule making a return for the tag team titles.
- According to PW Insider, Pope Dinero could be making a return to TNA in the future, possibly for the May tapings.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.