Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Randy Orton not returning to WWE television yet has been a creative decision. It's unclear at this point when he'll be back but it could be as soon as next week, or it could be after Fast Lane.
- It's expected that Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan will be the main event of the Fast Lane pay-per-view over John Cena vs. Rusev.
- According to PW Insider, Justin Gabriel decided he was leaving WWE on the final Raw before Royal Rumble when he came to TV and was told creative had nothing for him. He apparently left, came back, and quit when nothing had changed. Then, apparently, something did change and they were going to put him on TV but he had already quit and told them that.
- Although Alex Riley wasn't on the pre-show at Raw this week and was working the disgruntled wrestler gimmick on Twitter recently, he's expected back next week.
- Speaking of returns, Heath Slater worked a dark match at last night's SmackDown taping and he's expected back on television any time.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.