Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There was apparently an agreement in place between WWE and Rey Mysterio late last year that he would be released from his contract at the end of February, according to the Observer. However, PW Insider is reporting that there was no negotiation but rather Mysterio's contract simply ran out. Meanwhile, AAA has a press conference scheduled in Mexico City and the belief is it has to do with Mysterio. Lucha Underground is also said to be interested in bringing him in.
- The belief now that is Hulk Hogan is official retired, at least as an active wrestler, and his attempts at coming back for one more match at WrestleMania have failed.
- While Undertaker is not scheduled to appear on television until WrestleMania 31 apparently he will respond to Bray Wyatt's challenge in some form or another, possibly at Raw this coming Monday night. The idea is to save his actual appearance for WrestleMania but to make sure fans know for certain that he'll be there.
- There have been some rumors going around that Samoa Joe has already received some sort of offer from WWE but no word beyond that.
- According to the Observer, Ring of Honor "has been in preliminary talks" with AXS and Spike TV and while nothing may come of it there have at least been talks.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.