What you loved:
- Stunt Double - One of the most consistently funny acts WWE has ever done. It gave both Mizdow and The Miz new life.
- Character Work - Remember when he came out as Magneto? Don't lie, at first, we all thought that was going to be a hot mess of a segment. Mizdow proved us wrong, over and over again.
- Entertaining - Considering this is "sports-entertainment" he was the best at fusing both in 2014.
- Mic - Still solid on the mic, great comedic timing.
- Jericho Interview - Many of you said it's worth checking out, he was humble, a nice guy, and really enjoyed every moment he gets in the ring.
Best comment comes via TJ_UK:
"Damien was and may still be the single most entertaining aspect of current WWE programming. In 2014, he was Magneto, Sherlock Holmes, Bruce Springsteen, Abe Lincoln, Paul Revere, D-Sizzle, the dancer Sandango, HBK, Bret Hart Vince McMahon, LeBron James, an astronaut, a beach bum, X-Pac, he was a Lumberjack (and he’s ok) and finally, he found his perfect role as the Miz’s stunt double and I’m pretty sure I missed a few characters in there but my point is that he played all of those parts and I found every single one entertaining. I know Sport Entertainment is a silly term but I want wrestling to entertain me and Damien Sandow is if nothing else, one hell of an entertainer."
What you loathed:
- Post-Miz - This was in nearly every comment. What will he do once these two break up? Maybe WWE will send him back to doing character work.
- Creative - Unfortunately, you had little faith they could capitalize on Mizdow's new-found popularity going forward.
- Ceiling - The downside to his gimmick is it's not exactly main-event material. It would be surprising if he ever rose above Intercontinental Champion, at this point.
- In-Ring - Fairly bland moveset, spent most of 2014 getting destroyed in matches.
- Early 2014 - From January until May, Mizdow never won a match. Before his character gimmick started, Mizdow received little crowd support and was a shell of his "Intellectual Savior of the Masses" gimmick.
Best comment comes via Punk is Dead:
"Honestly, I got nothing. He could do no wrong in 2014."
On to the poll! With 456 votes, Damien Mizdow's average score is 4.4, last year he received a 3.6
Thanks, Cagesiders! We will be back Sunday to recap with updated poll scores and the best comments of the week.