What you loved:
- "Dean F'n Ambrose" - He's just the man, in all facets, the guy gets pro wrestling, and it's been fun watching him transition to singles' competition.
- Rollins Feud - Easily the peak of his 2014, an incredible feud that included Dean jumping out of everything. Hell in a Cell was a highlight, that included this crazy bump. Hope these two tangle again in 2015.
- Promos - Fair to say he was one of the best talkers in 2014. Ambrose is an elite talent and has some of the best mannerisms in the business.
- Gimmick - You could see it slowly coming out as The Shield fractured. When it was time to break-up, he was ready to go on his own.
- Evolution Feud - Great battle between two legit stables.
Best comment comes via Bryqan:
"Able to carry the promotion when the top babyfaces are out or per-occupied. Going to have a Mick Foley-like career without the Mick Foley comedy or stupid death spots (Royal Rumble 1999, I’m looking at you). Probably got the worst future out of all the member of the Shield, that’s not a knock on him either. If Reigns is going to be the face, Rollins most likely will be Reigns foil for the long term, Ambrose is the tweener between the two…we could have a situation where the main story for the next few years is Reigns/Rollins and Ambrose gets thrown in and holds the title while the other two deal with their issues. Still having a Mick Foley-esque WWE career is not a bad thing. It gets you the title a few times, you get to main event a decent amount, and you are pretty much more popular than everyone not named The Rock or Steve Austin."
What you loathed:
- Booking - Mentioned by nearly all of you today, Dean reached the top of Babyface Mountain (located somewhere in Colorado, seriously look it up!) during his feud with Rollins, then Wyatt happened...Ever since then his booking has been directionless and he's come up on the losing end of multiple feuds. With Cena, Reigns, Bryan at the top, maybe a heel turn in 2015 will help Ambrose stay near the main event.
- Feud Endings - He didn't get closure with Rollins, then proceeded to get beat down by Wyatt. Sure, there has to be a loser, but Ambrose's PPV record (since MITB) is an abysmal 0-5 in singles' competition.
- In-Ring - A bit too much flailing for some of you.
- Gimmick Matches - Over the past couple months, he's been in too many. At the very least, his body could use some rest from the punishment he's taken over the past couple months.
- "Crazy!" - The "unstable" thing can be a bit forced, usually the announcers are guilty of overselling Dean's gimmick.
Best comment comes via ChristianBaber:
"His moveset could stand to widen a little. He feels like too much of a brawler sometimes and not enough of a wrestler. Ambrose’s matches towards the end of the year felt stale, and that was only hurt by the endless parade of gimmick matches he was putting on."
On to the poll! With 693 votes, Dean Ambrose's average score is 4.5, last year he received a 4.3
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick has become beyond stale.