Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Observer, it appears PPV payoffs are "way down" from what they used to be unless you're a top guy, in which case WWE is keeping them happy.
- Triple H is apparently interested in Samoa Joe and it's thought to be possible that he could be a major player in NXT immediately. There are doubts, however, about his ever being a main player in WWE, as Vince McMahon may not be as high on him. He may also choose to simply work the independent scene because it will be far more lucrative than what NXT would be.
- The next batch of NXT call ups will likely come shortly after WrestleMania 31, with Charlotte, Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, and Finn Balor the top candidates.
- It's looking like The Freebirds are the top candidate for the WWE Hall of Fame class 2016 in Dallas next year.
- The Observer Newsletter noted this week that Zahra Schreiber could be paired with Baron Corbin because they have the same look with all the tattoos and what not.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.