31 years ago today in Naucalpan, Mexico, El Canek defeated Andre the Giant 2-1 in a best of three falls match to retain the UWA World Heavyweight Championship.
30 years ago today, Jimmy Hart makes his WWF debut at a TV taping in Poughkeepsie, New York. He managed both Greg "The Hammer" Valentine and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart.
27 years ago today in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Ivan Koloff and The Powers of Pain (Barbarian & Warlord) defeated Paul Ellering (substituting for Road Warrior Animal), Road Warrior Hawk, and Dusty Rhodes to win the NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Championship.
25 years ago today in Gainesville, Georgia, Brian Pillman and Z-Man defeat The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin & Michael Hayes) to win the vacated WCW United States Tag Team Championship.
16 years ago today in Queens, New York, ECW reforms the Gangstas under some bizarre circumstances. Public Enemy, who returned to the company after a two-year stint in WCW, was to continue their feud with the Dudley Boyz, but Public Enemy left. Needing a surprise, ECW brought back Mustafa Saed, who left ECW about 18 months earlier. The reunion of the Gangstas only lasted a few moments though, as Mustafa turned on New Jack and revealed himself to be the "financial benefactor" of the Dudley Boyz. Mustafa wouldn't stick around long in ECW; he left three months later.
15 years ago today in Oberhousen, Germany, Creative Control (Gerald & Patrick) defeated The Mamalukes (Big Vito & Johnny the Bull) to win the WCW World Tag Team Championship.
12 years ago today in Nashville, Tennessee, Kid Kash defeated Sonny Siaki to win the TNA X Division Championship.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JTkB6mgaVNQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
9 years ago today, TNA presented Against All Odds from the Impact Zone at Universal Orlando.
- In a preshow match, Ron Killings defeated A-1.
- In a preshow match, Lance Hoyt, Cassidy Riley and Shark Boy defeated Shannon Moore and The Diamonds in the Rough (Elix Skipper and David Young).
- The Naturals (Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens) defeated Austin Aries and Roderick Strong.
- Jay Lethal defeated Matt Bentley (with Traci), Alex Shelley and Petey Williams in a four-way match.
- Lethal pinned Williams with a bridged pin after Bentley hit Williams with a Back Body Drop.
- The James Gang (B.G. James and Kip James) defeated The Latin American Exchange (Homicide and Machete).
- America's Most Wanted (Chris Harris and James Storm) (with Gail Kim) defeated Chris Sabin and Sonjay Dutt to retain the NWA World Tag Team Championship.
- Rhino defeated Abyss (with James Mitchell) in a Falls Count Anywhere match.
- Samoa Joe defeated A.J. Styles and Christopher Daniels in a three-way match to retain the TNA X Division Championship.
- Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon) defeated Team Canada (Bobby Roode and Eric Young) (with Coach D'Amore).
- Christian Cage defeated Jeff Jarrett to win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.
6 years ago today, the Von Erichs announced via their official website that they would be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in April.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0130xNX62YI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
3 years ago today, TNA presented Against All Odds from the Impact Zone at Universal Orlando.
- Zema Ion defeated Jesse Sorensen by countout to become the #1 contender for the TNA X Division Championship. Of note, Jesse Sorensen cracked his C1 vertebrae near the end of the match. The injury resulted in him missing more than a year of action.
- Robbie E defeated Shannon Moore to retain the TNA Television Championship.
- Gail Kim defeated Tara to retain TNA Knockouts Championship.
- Samoa Joe and Magnus defeated Crimson and Matt Morgan to win the TNA World Tag Team Championship.
- Austin Aries defeated Alex Shelley to retain the TNA X Division Championship.
- Kazarian defeated A.J. Styles.
- Gunner defeated Garett Bischoff.
- Bobby Roode defeated Bully Ray, James Storm and Jeff Hardy in a four-way match to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Sting was the special enforcer.
3 years ago today, New Japan Pro Wrestling presented The New Beginning from the Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium in Osaka, Japan.
- CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI & Yujiro Takahashi) defeated King Fale & Tomoaki Honma.
- CHAOS (Takashi Iizuka, Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) defeated Captain New Japan, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tama Tonga.
- No Remorse Corps (Davey Richards & Rocky Romero) defeated Apollo 55 (Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi) to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship.
- Suzuki-gun (Lance Archer, Minoru Suzuki, Taichi, TAKA Michinoku & Yoshihiro Takayama) defeated Aogi-gun (Wataru Inoue & Yuji Nagata), KUSHIDA, Tiger Mask & Togi Makabe 5-3 in a ten-man elimination tag team match.
- Archer eliminated KUSHIDA.
- Archer eliminated Tiger Mask.
- Archer eliminated Inoue.
- Makabe eliminated Michinoku.
- Makabe eliminated Taichi.
- Suzuki eliminated Nagata.
- Suzuki eliminated Makabe.
- TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) defeated Bad Intentions (Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson) to retain the IWGP Tag Team Championship.
- Hirooki Goto defeated Masato Tanaka to win the IWGP Intercontinental Championship.
- Tetsuya Naito defeats Shinsuke Nakamura.
- Kazuchika Okada defeats Hiroshi Tanahashi to win the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. The win ended Tanahashi's run at 404 days, the second-longest title reign in New Japan's long history.