Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Observer, two of the proposed ideas for changes to The Slammy Awards are doing voting a week ahead of time or moving the show to WrestleMania Week.
- Despite how successful his return to Raw was, Vince McMahon is apparently still against the idea of being a regular character on WWE television.
- The Observer notes that Neville winning "Breakout Star of the Year" was a surprise to WWE and the angle they ran with Kevin Owens and Dolph Ziggler was planned for that spot because they thought he was going to win.
- In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reports Tom Phillips was legitimately shaken up by the beating Stephanie McMahon put on him on Raw this week. Apparently it's become something of an issue within the company.
- Michael Bennett and Maria Kanellis apparently got guaranteed deals from TNA, according to the Observer, and will be allowed to work independent dates, though that may not include New Japan.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.