Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider is reporting that one of the names now being considered for Undertaker's opponent at WrestleMania 32 is John Cena.
- Not surprisingly, it's expected the tournament to crown a new champion should be laid out and matches set up on Raw tonight.
- Court Bauer noted recently that we can expect ESPN to break more big WWE stories and WWE to credit them for as such, like with the Seth Rollins injury news. Bryan Alvarez mentioned the same at F4W Online, saying it's a part of the new relationship between the two sides.
- Alberto Del Rio is now apparently going to be allowed to work an independent date to finish up those obligations outside WWE.
- According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, Michael Elgin has not re-signed with Ring of Honor, as some reports have indicated. There's been talk that WWE may be interested in bringing him in.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.