Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE officials never went into a panic mode after Seth Rollins injury, according to PWInsider, because the plans have long been for Roman Reigns to carry the WWE title into WrestleMania 32.
- What's more is that Rollins injury didn't really effect plans for Mania, because the top three or four matches are set and Seth wasn't booked for any of them.
- Wrestling Observer says that WWE wasn't aware of Billy Gunn's positive drug test - or even that he was doing power lifting competitions. He wasn't tested at the Performance Center since they don't test trainers and coaches. Once they found out, they felt they had to let him go because it would send a bad message if talent knew a staff member had recently used performance enhancing drugs.
- CMLL star La Sombra has no bookings set in Mexico, as the luchador has been rumored to be close to deals with either WWE or New Japan. He denied that an agreement was in place with Vince McMahon's company at a recent event, but did say competing in WWE was his ultimate dream.
- With an exit from Destination America looking all but confirmed, TNA is said to be back in coversation with WGN America again. They were reportedly in talks when Spike passed on renewing Impact, but it obviously didn't work out then.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.