We're just weeks away from the North American release of the latest WWE licensed video game, 2K16.
All the announcements concerning the game roster have been made, we've learned a little about gameplay and seen some entrance videos. Now, as is the model for the gaming industry these days, we're learning what you'll be able to pay a little bit extra to download.
Check out the video above that came along with 2K Studios press release:
2K Announces WWE® 2K16 Downloadable Content Offerings, Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Editions
Content to include playable WWE Superstars, Divas and Legends; playable NXT® Superstars; WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2015 story-based content; and access to unlockable content and player progression features
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--2K today announced details surrounding the downloadable content offerings, Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Editions for WWE® 2K16, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. The downloadable content offerings will include a story-driven 2K Showcase surrounding the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2015 inductees; access to new moves, unlockable content, player progression; and a wealth of playable WWE Legends and WWE and NXT® Superstars. The individual content packages will begin releasing in late 2015, with some packages releasing in early 2016, for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, as well as Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system, and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft.
"WWE 2K16 will deliver a unique and extensive selection of downloadable content spanning WWE's past and present, including the 2015 WWE Hall of Fame-inspired 2K Showcase, a solid offering of new in-game moves and a wide variety of playable WWE and NXT talent," said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. "Complementing WWE 2K16's largest roster in the series' history, this year's content offerings provide fans with an all-encompassing WWE experience at an excellent value."
About the WWE 2K16 Downloadable Content Offerings*
The WWE 2K16 downloadable content offerings are scheduled to include the following items and be available for purchase on the PlayStationTMNetwork for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 systems, as well as Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft for Xbox One and Xbox 360:
* Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
* The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.
MyPlayer KickStart (PS4TM system and Xbox One Exclusive)
* Players will gain instant access to boost created Superstar ratings and attributes in the game's MyCareer mode;
* MyPlayer KickStart will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
* Playable WWE Legends: Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper and Trish Stratus;
* The Legends Pack will be available for a suggested price of $8.99.
2015 Hall of Fame Showcase
Playable matches include:
* "Macho Man" Randy Savage vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts;
* Rikishi vs. The Rock;
* Alundra Blayze vs. Paige;
* Larry Zbyszko vs. Arn Anderson;
* Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
* The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
* The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray);
* The 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
New Moves Pack
* More than 30 new moves, including the Corner Enzuigiri (made popular by WWE Diva Nikki Bella), Avalanche Ram (made popular by WWE Diva Paige), Sidewinder Suplex (made popular by WWE and NXT Superstar Kevin Owens), Standing Crossface Chickenwing (made popular by WWE Superstar Stardust) and Dragon Sleeper (made popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor);
* The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99.
Future Stars Pack
* Playable NXT Superstars: Samoa Joe, Diego, Fernando, Blake and Murphy;
* The Future Stars Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.
About the WWE 2K16 Season Pass
Players may purchase nearly all WWE 2K16 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game's Season Pass. For a suggested price of $24.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:
* Accelerator (access to all unlockable content available in the game);
* Legends Pack;
* 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase;
* New Moves Pack;
* Future Stars Pack.
About the WWE 2K16 Digital Deluxe Editions
2K also announced Digital Deluxe Editions for WWE 2K16 are now available for pre-order via PlayStationTMNetwork and Xbox Live as follows:
PS4TM system and Xbox One ($89.99):
* Copy of WWE 2K16;
* WWE 2K16 Season Pass;
* MyPlayer KickStart;
* Theme (PS4TM system only; available immediately with pre-order purchase);
PS3TM system ($79.99):
* Copy of WWE 2K16;
* WWE 2K16 Season Pass;
* Theme (PS3TM system only, available immediately with pre-order purchase).
* PlayStationTMNetwork or Xbox Live account and Internet connection required. Copy of WWE 2K16 required to play.
Developed collaboratively by Yuke's and Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K16 is rated T for Teen by the ESRB. WWE 2K16 is currently scheduled for release on PS4TM and PS3TM systems, Xbox One and Xbox 360, on October 27, 2015 in North America and October 30, 2015 internationally. Consumers who pre-order WWE 2K16 at any participating retailer or who pre-order Digital Deluxe Editions through PlayStationTMNetwork and Xbox Live will receive two playable characters - each depicting global action film icon Arnold Schwarzenegger from The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day films - at no extra cost on launch day.
For more information on WWE 2K16 and 2K, visit wwe.2k.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtags #WWE2K16 and #RaiseSomeHell or subscribe on YouTube.
Classifying Joe as a "future star" is odd, and getting him in the game when he just joined the company this Spring after claiming they didn't have time to develop characters for Sasha Banks, Bayley, Charlotte & Becky Lynch doesn't make a whole lot of sense...but other than that, what do you think of this news, gaming Cagesiders?