Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Whether or not you think it qualifies to be considered as much, it seems Dolph Ziggler, Ryback, and Erick Rowan getting fired was the "major angle" that was rumored. You decide if you think it went over as such.
- Triple H taking shots at Sting on Raw last night was no accident. It looks set that the two will meet in a match at WrestleMania 31.
- Seth Rollins being added to the John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar match at Royal Rumble was apparently done to both bolster the idea that he could cash in the Money in the Bank briefcase while ensuring neither Cena nor Lesnar have to take a pinfall loss leading up to WrestleMania. It doesn't mean he's winning the title that night, but it's apparently not totally off the table either.
- Regarding the Royal Rumble, PW Torch reported that the secondary market for tickets to the event is "out-pacing the ticket prices for recent WrestleManias". WWE is expecting it to be one of its biggest events in some time.
- Eden announcing on Raw was a one night deal and Lilian Garcia should be back next week.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.