What you loved:
- Heel Work - Fair to say he was one of the top heels in the company in 2014. "Douchetista" was begged for, and eventually, we got it.
- Pageant Wave - You know it, you loved it, one of the most used gifs on the site.
- Bluetista - This guy was just a meme machine. While in Evolution, Orton and Triple H both came out in black attire, and Batista...well, he was feeling a bit blue.
- Company Man - He tapped to Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania, and put The Shield over on his way out. Jokingly, on Twitter he put #WWEJOBBER in his profile.
- Promos - Had some great promos, with that fantastic catchphrase; "Deal with it!"
Bet comment comes via Total Scrub:
"Honestly, I don’t think there’s been a better, more natural, full-on heel in WWE over the past few years. He’s the exact kind of guy that I’d personally want to punch in the face, because he’s just so good at being that douchey heel no one loves. Punk could get a face reaction because of what he said, so could Trips, but Batista was just perfect at being a scum of the earth heel. He’s that guy at the bar that’s obnoxiously loud, wearing clothes two sizes too small, and who keeps disgustingly hitting on the girl who’s there with someone else. He’s not necessarily a bad guy in a villainy sense, but he’s just a bad person, and WWE hasn’t had a heel like that in a long time. Miss ya, Dave, ya big douche."
What you loathed:
- Face Run - WWE insisted he come back as a face, but that was a major failure. This was no more evident than at the...
- Royal Rumble - The crowd didn't exactly love this decision. Part of the venom came due to Bryan not even making an appearance and really had nothing to do with Batista.
- Skinny Jeans - We totally agree Batista, thumbs down.
- In-Ring Help - At 45, in-ring skills have diminished a bit these days, and needs the right opponent to put on solid matches.
- Stamina - Being gone for 4 years definitely hurt his cardio.
Best comment comes via The ShockMaster:
"WWE didn’t just drop the ball with his return, they dropped it, tripped over it, stumbled into a conveniently placed rake, and then knocked an anvil onto their heads. If he hadn’t been the performer he was, the whole thing just would’ve been cringe-worthy and forgettable, but he worked the skinny jeans and superior attitude to perfection."
On to the poll! With 420 votes, Batista's average score is 3.5. Last year he received a 3.7, so while the comments were much more positive overall in the poll he's trending down.
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick could be considered the most under-utilized wrestler last year.