Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- With WWE business seemingly turning around going into WrestleMania, and the Network hitting its 1 million subscribers, the Observer notes that it's at least more of a possibility that Brock Lesnar could stick around after all considering his big money contract wouldn't be such a hit as it would before budget cuts.
- The reason Randy Orton wasn't brought back in the Royal Rumble match is apparently because he's expected to be a big babyface upon his return and they didn't want him to lose in his first match back.
- According to the Observer, Sheamus, Bo Dallas, and Alex Riley were all booked for the Rumble initially but the decision was made to keep them out because of how they wanted to book it around Roman Reigns. Chris Jericho was also asked to be in but turned it down.
- Regarding talk of ECW originals working the Rumble, PW Insider has said that Tommy Dreamer and The Blue Meanie were pushed for those spots but Bubba Ray Dudley was, obviously, the only one used.
- PW Insider notes that Kevin Owens has made folks within WWE very happy if only because his merchandise sales are doing well.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.