Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Not surprisingly, the news of the WWE Network going over 1 million subscribers coupled with the rating from Raw this week has the company feeling good about its decision to stay the course with Roman Reigns.
- WrestleMania will still be numbered in the sense that numbers will be used to keep track of the shows but Vince McMahon has apparently decreed that promotional material not feature those numbers, as evidenced by the logos for both WrestleMania 31 and WrestleMania 32. McMahon feels, according to the Observer, that doing so makes the event feel "old."
- Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton is currently on the table for WrestleMania 31.
- According to PW Insider, Justin Gabriel asked WWE to release him from his contract because he felt he would never get beyond a certain level and it would do his career more good to find meaningful employment elsewhere.
- The word going around is that WWE has yet to reach out to Stone Cold Steve Austin on hosting the new Tough Enough season that will air on USA later this year.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.