What you loved:
- WWE Network - A risky, revolutionary idea that is a steal at the current price of...umm...well, anyways NXT and live PPVs are worth the price of admission.
- Daniel Bryan - Although their hand was forced between Punk leaving and the overwhelming crowd support for Bryan, he finally got his WrestleMania moment.
- The Shield - It's amazing how well they were booked from start to finish. Even their post-Shield careers in 2014 ranged from solid to downright amazing.
- SummerSlam - Although this happened in 2013, we'll just sneak it in anyways.
- Triple H - Vince has basically given Aitch the keys to running NXT, and for that we thank him.
Best comment comes via Vitosi4ek1:
"It’s what I, as a European, call an 'Arsene Wenger Issue'. Anyone familiar with world soccer should understand what I mean there. For others: Arsene Wenger is a soccer coach who took over Arsenal FC in 1996 and turned it into a European force. The problem is that he still abides by his managing strategies from the early-00s despite the fact that the world has changed. He refuses to acknowledge that, and as a result, the club is suffering right now and most of the fans want him to go."
What you loathed:
- Out of Touch - Best example of this is how poorly almost all of the NXT call-ups have been handled. Inability to allow new talent to prosper, and of course the...
- Austin Podcast - The interview itself was great, but some of the things he said were further evidence he isn't adjusting to the times. Take your pick between "lack of ambition", "brass rings", or "Millennials".
- WWE Network - Financially it hasn't measured up to predictions, slow international roll-out, and the content has not drawn in the casual consumer. In fact, the Network cost a lot of people their jobs in 2014.
- Handling Talent - Vince is still the man when it comes to making decisions about talent and missed the mark on quite a few. Some examples: pushing Reigns way too hard, not pushing Cesaro hard enough (or as a face), and the atrocious announcing teams.
- CM Punk - Give him the WrestleMania main-event and some time off to
heelheal up, situation fixed.
Best comment comes via KDidz:
"God this dude is Out. Of. Touch. I know we can’t believe all the rumors (as of now they only hit 50% of the time), but none of them show the dude in a positive light. That Austin Podcast shined a light on what is wrong with Vince McMahon. He’s stubbornly old school in a world he doesn’t fit any more but tries to make it fit anyway, like a square peg in a round hole. He thinks he’s in touch with the crowd, but he’s not. Someone in touch with the crowd wouldn’t need crowd revolts to learn that Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus isn’t what they want. Or that we want to hear these ridiculous goofy Roman Reigns promo."
On to the poll! With 296 votes, Vince McMahon's average score is 2.5, last year he received a 4.4.
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick has a smile that can light up the room.