Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- With Macho Man Randy Savage going into the Hall of Fame this year as the headlining attraction, Sting and Undertaker have become the favorites for 2016.
- All signs are pointing to Brock Lesnar losing the WWE world heavyweight championship at Royal Rumble, though WWE is doing its best to avoid tipping off if John Cena or Seth Rollins will leave with the title. Lesnar looks to be leaving for MMA in April.
- With UFC announcing a show in Chicago in July, there's been some speculation that CM Punk will make his debut there. However, the plan seems to be to have him train extensively for at least six months before they ever even broach the subject of who his opponent may be and when he will fight.
- According to the Observer, the reason Main Event won't be airing on the WWE Network for the foreseeable future is due to a deal with Sky that would have made it exclusive in the UK.
- New Japan's next pay-per-view show could be the Invasion Attack event on April 5, 2015, at Sumo Hall. Jim Ross and Matt Striker are rumored to call the show once again.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.