Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Observer is saying that Roman Reigns vs. Big Show and Ryback vs. Rusev are both being pushed backstage for inclusion on the Royal Rumble card in Philadelphia a week from Sunday. For three of those men (Reigns, Show and Rusev) it would mean either taking them out of the Rumble match or having them pull double duty. Then there's the little matter of Ryback being "fired"...
- If the Divas title makes the show, Nikki Bella will defend against Natalya.
- Konnan has been on his MLW podcast talking up Jim Ross to Lucha Underground. JR would join the fledgling promotion as a regular gig, but it's not clear whether he would rotate with Matt Striker or Vampiro for two-man boothes, or if LU would go to the dreaded three-man announce team if the Oklahoman were to accept.
- Speaking of announcers, TNA is looking to "integrate" Taz and Josh Mathews more on Impact, according to PWInsider. What that means is unclear, but it's supposed to be part of the product "evolving" in post-production, work that will result in a finished product airing on Friday nights that is a true alternative to WWE.
- Dixie Carter's company is again in talks with Bully Ray about a return. The former TNA World champ hasn't picked up many high profile bookings since Bound for Glory, and TNA is TNA, so it's said no one would be surprised if he returned to Impact soon.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.