Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Observer, WWE has known for some time now that they would be inducting Macho Man Randy Savage into the Hall of Fame this year but they rolled it out the way did, using TMZ to drum up interest during the day, to compete with college football's National Championship game in the ratings.
- Add Sting to the list of names who could make an appearance on the Royal Rumble go home episode of Raw next week.
- It's looking unlikely that Batista will be back for WrestleMania 31 this year and there has been at least some speculation that he's done with pro wrestling altogether.
- John Cena being advertised as WWE world heavyweight champion on a house show in Allentown in March was noted recently and the website for the arena, the PPL Center, quickly changed it. There was an error made but it's unclear if someone jumped the gun or not.
- Ultimate Warrior's family was at Raw this week and were presented with the Slammy Award he won late last year. They were apparently there to work on the documentary that will be released sometime in the future.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.