Everybody who comes to Cageside Seats has an opinion about what's going on in pro wrestling - The Smark's Shoot Standings (S3) are where YOU let us know YOURS.
Cast a vote in the comments. Give us the four performers you think entertained or impressed the most in the last week, and feel free to talk about why. And/or vote for your top performer in our poll.
We also have the outcome of last week's voting, the results of which make up our annual competition for Performer of the Year.
Remember, the Standings are for the previous week's nationally televised and internet streaming pro wrestling shows - New Japan's Wrestle Kingdom 9 pay-per-view (PPV), the January 5th episode of WWE Monday Night Raw, Tuesday night's Main Event, TNA Impact Wrestling and Lucha Underground from Wednesday the 7th, Thursday's WWE NXT & ROH TV, and the WWE SmackDown that aired on Friday, January 9th.
Make YOUR mark, smarks!
What if the two men duking it out for our Season crown had been called up in the 1980s?
Courtesy of Dude Bro Media
- Get the heel torch from a dude you threaten to cripple and bring back your evil benefactors? That gets you one of the biggest point totals in the history of our little fan vote. This week, the Lunatic Fringe was the Jannetty.
- A couple of returning heroes make the list. The man who main evented the last WrestleMania in the #2 slot, and a guy who brings ill tidings, but we love him anyway.
- The Masters of the WWE Universe were the masters of the S3. Even their unappreciated valet represented well...though if I'm reading the votes right, that was almost as much for Total Divas as it was for anything else.
- The only student of Charles Xavier currently working in NXT must have read your minds, because you Smarks ate up her upset win over Carmella.
- Ryback bared his soul to us, and you rewarded him. The last man he gave his heart to earned a point in tenth for coming back with his real partner, the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
The S3: 2014-15, Week 39
1. Seth Rollins
2. Daniel Bryan
3. Tyson Kidd
5. Ole Blue Pants
7. Bad News Barrett
9. Dean Ambrose
10. Paul Heyman
Points in our weekly Standings determine our annual list - full details on rules and scoring HERE.
It's looking more and more like Seth is going to stab Dean in the back one more time, and the King of Swing takes advantage of an off week for Dolph Ziggler, and it's a FACT that Kidd is making some serious moves in the second half of this "season".
The S3 Performer of the Year - through the Week Ending January 3
1. Dean Ambrose - 230.5 points
2. Seth Rollins - 216
3. Cesaro - 115.75
4. Dolph Ziggler - 113.33
5. Paul Heyman - 98
6. Tyson Kidd - 81.5
7. Damien Sandow - 78.5
8. Bobby Roode - 74.83
9. Paige - 72
10. Bo Dallas - 66.5
A jam-packed week. Start with New Japan and then every major U.S. promotion was back on television for the first time in months. Catch up with Raw, Main Event, Impact (which made the poll under the logic that it was viewed by a couple tens of tens of thousands more people than LU or ROH are on a broadcast channel - if you disagree, please make your case with your vote in the comments), Lucha Undergound, NXT, Smackdown, and ROH.