Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the latest Observer Newsletter, some within WWE have known about Daniel Bryan's return for "about three weeks" and the decision was made to put him in the Royal Rumble without answering the obvious questions that will come from doing so. Who knows what that means for the future.
- Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar may no longer be set in stone as the WrestleMania 31 main event but the former is still in line to win the title at the show.
- The Observer notes that bringing back The Authority when they did was not a reaction to low ratings but rather something that was in the cards for some time and what happened on Raw was just how they decided to get there.
- Ryback's promo this past week was apparently a response to his appearance on Talk is Jericho. WWE felt it did well to get him over as a babyface telling his story, so a similar segment was booked for Raw. You decide how well it got over the second time.
- Because TNA announced Lockdown next year will air on Destination America, there's some speculation that the company is getting out of the pay-per-view business altogether.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.