Happy New Year! Hopefully 2015 treats you as good as or better than 2014.
40 years ago today, Harley Race is awarded the NWA Mid-Atlantic United States Championship. The championship. The championship would become the primary United States Championship for the NWA in 1981, with the lineage continuing through WCW, and save for a brief interruption from late 2001 to mid-2003 when the title was inactive, the lineage continues today as the WWE United States Championship.
33 years ago today, a special event was held in the Checkerdome in St. Louis. The event was Sam Muchnick's final wrestling card he promoted. Muchnick promoted events since 1932 (and on his own since 1942). The event was a part of Sam Muchnick Day in St. Louis, as declared by then-Mayor Vincent Schoemhl.
- Dewey Robertson defeated Baron Von Raschke.
- Jerry Brown and Bob Brown went to a draw.
- Joyce Grable & Wendi Richter defeated Sandy Partlow & Early Dawn 2-1 in a best of three falls match to retain the NWA Womens World Tag Team Championship.
- Pat O'Connor defeated Bob Sweetan via submission.
- Jerry Blackwell beat Ox Baker & Bruce Reed in a handicap match.
- David Von Erich & Rufus R. Jones and Harley Race & Greg Valentine fought to a double disqualification.
- Dick the Bruiser beat Ken Patera to win the NWA Missouri Heavyweight Championship.
- Ric Flair defeated Dusty Rhodes 2-1 in a best of three falls match to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.