Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Let me step aside for a second for site editor Geno Mrosko: After seeing the rumor about CM Punk having an attorney send a letter to WWE over royalties, I was curious enough to ask around. I was told "this situation has been brewing for some time and it's either going to get really ugly or they're going to work something out and you just won't hear about it". So there you go.
- Regarding Ryback, his injuries apparently aren't nearly as bad as he was playing up and he'll be back in the fold within a month or two.
- If Charlotte loses the NXT women's championship at Takeover 2 (Electric Boogaloo), it's almost certainly because she's getting called up to the main roster.
- TNA has recently told the wrestlers that despite not having shows scheduled beyond Bound for Glory and the TV deal still not done, they shouldn't worry and all is fine both until the end of this year and into 2015.
- Although Bully Ray hasn't signed a new deal with TNA, apparently there are those within the company who believe he will work the next set of tapings and be inducted into the Hall of Fame at Bound for Glory as has already been announced. His saying goodbye to the roster before his contract ran out may have been a negotiating tactic and he could be re-signed at any time.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.