24 years ago today, NWA presented Clash of the Champions XII: Fall Brawl- Mountain Madness (WWE Network link) from the Civic Center in Asheville, North Carolina.
- The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong & Tracey Smothers) defeated The Freebirds (Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin).
- Mike Rotundo defeated Buddy Landell.
- The Master Blasters (Iron & Steel) defeated Brad Armstrong & Tim Horner.
- The Nasty Boys defeated Jackie Fulton & Terry Taylor.
- Tommy Rich defeated Bill Irwin.
- LPWA Champion Susan Sexton defeated Bambi.
- The Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott) defeated Maximum Overdrive (Tim Hunt & Jeff Warner).
- Stan Hansen defeated Tom Zenk.
- Lex Luger defeated Ric Flair via disqualification to retain the NWA United States Championship.
- Sting defeated The Black Scorpion (Al Perez under a mask) to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Post-match, a second Black Scorpion appeared and taunted Sting claiming he was the real thing.
23 years ago today, WCW presented Clash of the Champions XVI: Fall Brawl '91 (WWE Network link) from the Civic Center in Augusta, Georgia.
- El Gigante won a 15-man battle royal.
- Brian Pillman defeated Badstreet.
- Sting defeated Johnny B. Badd to retain the WCW United States Championship.
- Ricky Morton defeated Mike Graham.
- The Freebirds (Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin) defeated Todd Champion & Firebreaker Chip.
- Ron Simmons defeated The Diamond Stud (Scott Hall).
- Van Hammer defeated Terrance Taylor.
- Steve Austin defeated Tom Zenk to retain the WCW World Television Championship.
- The Enforcers (Arn Anderson & Larry Zbyszko) defeated Rick Steiner & Bill Kazmier to win the vacated WCW World Tag Team Championship.
7 years ago today, Andrew "Test" Martin is released from TNA just a month after debuting with the company. Less than two weeks after his released, he was arrested and charged with driving under the influence. He would be arrested and charged again with DUI in April 2008 just weeks after wrestling his retirement match in France.
7 years ago today in Cape Town, South Africa, Paul London and Brian Kendrick defeated Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch to win the WWE Tag Team Championship. They would lose the titles just three days later back to Cade and Murdoch on the same South African tour.
4 years ago today, TNA presented No Surrender (pay link) from the Impact Zone at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. The event focused on the semifinal round of the tournament to crown a new TNA World Heavyweight Champion at Bound for Glory.
- The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) defeated Generation Me (Jeremy Buck and Max Buck) to retain the TNA World Tag Team Championship.
- Douglas Williams defeated Sabu to retain the TNA X Division Championship.
- Velvet Sky defeated Madison Rayne.
- Abyss defeated Rhino in a Falls Count Anywhere match.
- Jeff Jarrett and Samoa Joe defeated Sting and Kevin Nash via submission.
- AJ Styles defeated Tommy Dreamer in a "I Quit" match.
- Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy fought to a no contest in a semifinal match of the TNA World Heavyweight Championship tournament. Had Angle lost the match, he would have been forced to retire. (In a side note, the two fought again a few days later on Impact, again going to a no contest. Both men would advance to the final, making the world title match at Bound for Glory a triple threat match.
- Mr. Anderson defeated D'Angelo Dinero to advance to the finals of the TNA World Heavyweight Championship tournament.