What you loved:
- Commentator - Compared to his wrestling days, this new role is a much better fit.
- Miz's Lackey - By far his best storyline. He was most entertaining doing Miz's dirty work, which was usually getting beat up.
- Face Turn - There were about two weeks in 2011 when Alex Riley was on top of the world, as evidenced by this reaction from the crowd.
- Look - Has that typical look that the higher-ups fawn over.
- Music - Couple of you enjoyed this entrance theme.
Best comment comes via Sandow's Superior:
"Ah, Miz's first stunt double."
What you loathed:
- In-Ring - No, that's not Sin Cara, but he's not exactly a graceful wrestler.
- Current Role - While you enjoyed his transition away from being a wrestler, his "expert analyst" role seems a bit forced. William Regal or JBL (when he's not yelling) are experts with a wide-breath of experience. Out of Riley's six years as a wrestler, three were in developmental, and about two were hovering around jobber status. It's safe to say it's a stretch to call him an expert.
- A Guy - Aside from the Miz storyline, he's a fairly forgettable performer.
- Face - He's got one of those "change the channel" faces.
Best comment comes via ReverendKain:
"My largely irrational hate for Alex Riley. I mean, sure, dude is a below-par botcharino in the ring, but he’s transitioned reasonably into his role on the pre-shows and hell, Daniel friggin’ Bryan sees something in him… but I got a real burning pit of fury at the bottom of my soul directed at the guy. I dunno. Maybe it’s a side effect of not having much hate in my heart anywhere else in the roster— maybe I got a set quota of hate and it’s all gotta go somewhere."
On to the poll! With 162 votes, Alex Riley's average score is 2.5.
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick is less over than a "Sledgehammer".