Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Michael Sam invite to Monday Night Raw next week in Baltimore was apparently 100-percent a PR stunt and there was never any real expectation that he would accept. It was more or less a shot in the dark and if he did what would probably be the worst possible thing for his NFL career and accepted, great, but if he didn't, oh well.
- In addition to the PR stunt, Jerry Springer was already in the works and once it was announced that he would be appearing, all the Sam mentions were removed from everywhere. So there you go.
- There was a press conference held at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera for AAA and Alberto Del Rio was in attendance. During the presser, he said he's been cleared to resume working and there are no longer issues with WWE and a no-compete clause. It's unclear if this is in reference to working in Mexico or the U.S. The latest word on the WWE side is that they wouldn't pursue any action against him.
- Regarding the story on the fan who claimed he was ejected from the arena in Des Moines during Raw for his sign saying "I could be home watching Nitro ... for $9.99" there have been multiple people who sent in reports to our site editor, Geno Mrosko, claiming the guy wasn't tossed for the sign but rather he was acting belligerent and his general behavior was the problem instead of the sign.
- Here's a weird one: Zack Ryder getting squashed by Rusev on Raw may have been a "statement" from the company after Ryder had tweeted negatively on the company and where he stands within it. Not sure about this one considering he's a jobber and he's been complaining about his lot in life for some time now. Still, that's word going around.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.