Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE has told distributors to produce a lot of merchandise related to Stone Cold Steve Austin. While the speculation is that he may have finally reached a deal for one more match, it could simply be a return to TV in a semi-regular role, though what he would be doing isn't clear. If nothing else, the seeds are planted for something between the two sides.
- WWE is apparently hoping to bring Chris Jericho back around early next year for a run up to WrestleMania 31.
- Kevin Steen's NXT debut could come at the next set of tapings. WWE is apparently trying to space out its various big signings to maximize impact for each debut.
- Ric Flair's recent stomach surgeries were apparently for a hernia, then another hernia, then an intestinal issue. He apparently had more issues after those surgeries but is now out of the hospital and healing up. He won't be back on WWE television anytime soon.
- Despite the announcement of a couple matches for the Bound for Glory event early next month, there's still a lot of confusion regarding the show and a disconnect between the company and talent who are -- and aren't -- working the show.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.