Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- You know that guy, the one from WCW with the face paint? Sorry, everybody, but with him in the news around yesterday's 2K15 video game announcement and press conference, The Wrestling Observer and others updated his status with WWE...to say there's no update. Merch and video game deal in place, but nothing else. The Best of Sting DVD release coming out today doesn't include new interviews with him, and nothing is set-up for an in-ring debut. WWE is still said to be confident they'll have him signed for something at WrestleMania 31.
- Baron Corbin, seen prominently squashing CJ Parker at the last Takeover live special and on last week's NXT, is supposedly in line for a big push. He's been working longer matches at house shows, and been let loose on social media to build his character there for a larger role on the WWE Network show.
- Rumors of WWE versus the audience continued at Night of Champions. This time, it was apparently pro-Cesaro signs that were confiscated. A report floating around says the the guy facing the hard camera side in an El Generico mask handed out "King of Wrestling" signs, and WWE officials took them from fans. They're said to have responded to inquires about why folks couldn't have the signs by saying "you don't need to know." Let the conspiracy theories about Cesaro continue.
- The Greatest Man That Ever Lived, Austin Aries, may be the latest person out the door at TNA. As we mentioned yesterday with Gail Kim, A-Double's contract is up soon and he may not be re-signed, probably because he costs too much and/or can make more money getting his own bookings on the circuit. He announced recently that he'll be working the House of Hardcore show on November 15th, but that doesn't mean he's leaving the TNA fold, as that's Tommy Dreamer's promotion, and Dreamer has been very much in the fold of Dixie Carter's company over the past year-plus.
- Nikki Bella's request that she be called "THE Nikki Bella" and asking why her twin sister didn't take the Bryan surname on last night's Raw may be a set-up for Brie to drop the "Bella" and just go with one name. This, along with her new music, is seen as a means to getting them both over as singles performers. Maybe somebody should give them individual social media accounts while they're at it...
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.