Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It's still being said that a winner in the Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena match at Night of Champions is not finalized and it could very well be a last minute decision. Cena winning the title back is still on the table.
- That said, there is still, apparently, a plan in place for Lesnar to defend the WWE world heavyweight championship at WrestleMania 31, likely losing it to Roman Reigns in a passing of the torch moment. That would be even if Cena wins Sunday night.
- Continuing on this track, it appears as though the decision in the Lesnar-Cena match will affect other wrestlers. If Lesnar wins, the rumored program with Big Show would move forward. If Cena wins, Show would move on to a program with Bray Wyatt while Mark Henry continues his angle with Rusev. No word on what that would mean for Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler, who was briefly attached to Wyatt in recent rumors.
- Wrestling Inc has reported that TNA has booked the Manhattan Center for three dates in January, something done independent of Spike TV.
- It's not clear if he'll be booked for the show right now but it's at least being said that Jeff Hardy is available to work the Bound for Glory PPV for TNA.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.