What you loved:
- Great Duo - He had a knack to work well with anyone whether it be Vince, Piper, or Ventura. One of the all-time best duos is Monsoon and Bobby Heenan. They had a perfect back-and-forth with each other and knew how to call big events perfectly.
- The Best - Many of you gave him the nod as the greatest ever or at least your personal favorite thanks to your childhood memories of him.
- "Gorilla Position" - On the staging area just behind the curtain, his name will live on forever.
- Vocabulary - "External occipital protuberance."
- Catchphrases - "Will you stop!" was among the most popular from you guys. "This place is going bananas!" was a close second.
Best comment comes via Boxingnut4324:
"The irresistible force meets the immovable object."
What you loathed:
- R.I.P. - "Gorilla will be sadly missed. Now he was one big tough man. He was a decent honest man. And we're all gonna miss him very much. And you know the pearly gates in heaven? It's now gonna be called 'the Gorilla position.' Goodbye, my friend." - Bobby Heenan on Nitro
- Miscalls - We have to put something negative down here, so he was known to mess up a wrestling move or wrestler's name from time to time.
Best comment comes via TJ_UK:
"He sometimes referred to sneak attacks on wrestlers as a "Pearl Harbor Job". That is both very wrong and yet also very hilarious."
On to the poll! With 224 votes, Gorilla Monsoon's average score is 4.6
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick was another great commentator.