Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Despite the fact that Dean Ambrose was given a nice little push before taking time off to film Lockdown, it's still being said that WWE officials don't believe he's a main event level talent yet. That could change in the future, of course, but for now he's a top level mid-carder and that's how he'll be booked upon his return.
- The WWE Network launch in Canada was rushed so subscriber numbers will improve quickly, and that's the reason there are so few offerings in the archive. That will, of course, change in time.
- Spike TV pushing Impact to Wednesday nights was a last minute decision due largely to the fact that SmackDown is moving to Thursday nights in October. Had they gone head-to-head and gotten creamed, it would have killed whatever value is left while TNA is negotiating a new TV deal with other potential networks. As for the current Thursday programming for WWE, like NXT, it's now expected that will move to Wednesday nights.
- Remember when former NFL player Shawne Merriman was doing some stuff with WWE and word was going around that he had signed a deal to work as a wrestler and announcer? That's all dead now and he's gone from the company.
- It's likely to change by the time he gets up to the main roster but it appears as though Prince Devitt will work in NXT under his real first name, Fergal.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.