Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In an interesting update to the Alberto Del Rio situation, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter is saying that part of why he was fired could be the lawsuit against Big Show where someone in production sued for Show getting too rough with him. Keeping Del Rio on could have strengthened that case and if the social media manager had followed through on his apparent threat to sue, WWE would have been in a bad position.
- Also of interest is the fact that John Cena, Big Show, and Randy Orton all went to bat for Del Rio and told him they would help him get his job back later. Apparently, Triple H told Del Rio when he fired him that if he kept his nose clean, they could bring him back in six months or so. Del Rio's response to all this was that he doesn't want to come back anymore.
- Dave Meltzer wrote on his message board that Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns is the planned direction for WrestleMania 31 and it was decided "either shortly before or shortly after WrestleMania". Lesnar vs. John Cena at SummerSlam was supposed to be Lesnar vs. Bryan and it would have played out the same way it did this past Sunday night with Reigns being the guy who would emerge to save the day at next year's WrestleMania.
- Speaking of Bryan, David Shoemaker of Grantland tweeted late yesterday that he's heard Bryan needs Tommy John surgery and he'll be out of action for at least three more months.
- It was reported by Mark Madden that Kurt Angle outright called Triple H to inquire about a WWE return and Triple H blew him off. So Angle decided to call Vince McMahon, who told him Triple H is in charge of talent decisions now. This was a risky play on Angle's part because it pissed Triple H off that Angle would go over his head. It certainly doesn't look like he'll be coming back to WWE.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.